The Administrative Assistant/Panel Manager will act as the initial contact for the Primary Care Network. The person in this position will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the office including answering the telephone and managing all patient bookings. They will assist physicians and allied health teams with PCN patient-related administration work. They will also take a proactive approach to work alongside PCN staff and physicians in proactive panel management.
This is a full-time 1-year fixed term contract role.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answers the telephone and responds to general information questions
- Screens and directs calls and voicemails
- Greets and directs patients and visitors
- Performs confirmation and/or reminder calls to patients
- Input EQ5D, PDI, PHQ9 forms, etc.
- Scanning and/or linking to electronic medical records software program
- Schedules follow-up appointments and course attendance
- Preparation and/or formatting of letters and correspondence, as directed
- Ensuring accuracy of all patients’ current demographics
- Sort and distribution of incoming fax correspondence
- Clean up and maintain the physicians’ panel according to their parameters, coordinate with the physicians and clinic staff.
- Standardize the EMR by ensuring accuracy of data entered in the EMR.
- Flag patient charts for physician and clinic staff in order to notify of specific actions to be taken.
- Participate in the Bighorn Primary Care education opportunities
Required Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Office assistant training preferred
- Experience in a medical office an asset
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
- Good organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain accuracy while multi-tasking or working under pressure
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
- Ability to follow directions closely and accurately
- Ability to deal effectively with the difficult behaviours sometimes exhibited by people in distress
- Proficiency in the use of computers and office equipment
- Understanding of electronic medical records
To apply for this position, email your cover letter, resume, and professional references to email@example.com.
The Bighorn PCN thanks you for your interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.